Recipe by chef_cmontes
This is a Pampered Chef recipe.....I recently made this for Thanksgiving...my in-laws love anything having to do with coffee, and it was a big hit. Tastes a little like Tiramisu without the liquor flavor. It's really YUMMY!
Top Review by QueenJellyBean
This is wonderful! It is a bit rich so you don't need a huge helping but wonderful none the less! I made it for a dinner party and had only one helping left! I wish I would have taken pictures of it!
- 1 (16 ounce) frozen pound cake
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 (8 ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and instant coffee granules. Let stand 5 minutes or until dissolved.
- Pour 1 cup of the milk mixture a measuring cup; set aside. Add pudding mix to remaining milk mixture in.
- bowl; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Gently fold in one container of whipped topping.
- To assemble trifle, place 1/3 of the cake cubes into bottom of a bowl. Pour 1/3 of the reserved milk mixture evenly over cake cubes. Top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture, pressing lightly. Grate 1/4 of the chocolate over pudding mixture. Repeat layers 2 more times, reserving the remaining grated. chocolate for garnish.
- Reserve 1 cup whipped topping, set aside. Spread remaining whipped topping over entire top of trifle, creating a smooth surface. Decorate by piping rosettes around edge of.
- bowl with 1 cup of whipped topping. Grate remaining chocolate in center; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- * For best results, refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.