This is a Pampered Chef recipe.....I recently made this for Thanksgiving...my in-laws love anything having to do with coffee, and it was a big hit. Tastes a little like Tiramisu without the liquor flavor. It's really YUMMY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) frozen pound cake
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 (8 ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
- 2In a bowl, whisk milk and instant coffee granules. Let stand 5 minutes or until dissolved.
- 3Pour 1 cup of the milk mixture a measuring cup; set aside. Add pudding mix to remaining milk mixture in.
- 4bowl; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Gently fold in one container of whipped topping.
- 5To assemble trifle, place 1/3 of the cake cubes into bottom of a bowl. Pour 1/3 of the reserved milk mixture evenly over cake cubes. Top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture, pressing lightly. Grate 1/4 of the chocolate over pudding mixture. Repeat layers 2 more times, reserving the remaining grated. chocolate for garnish.
- 6Reserve 1 cup whipped topping, set aside. Spread remaining whipped topping over entire top of trifle, creating a smooth surface. Decorate by piping rosettes around edge of.
- 7bowl with 1 cup of whipped topping. Grate remaining chocolate in center; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 8* For best results, refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cappuccino Trifle (Poor Man's Tiramisu)
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.9
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 505.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 5.6 g