Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This can be a dairy free Mexican Bread Pudding. From the Vegetarian Journal.
Make and share this Easy Capirotada recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel the apples then core and chop into 1 inch cubes.
- Spread the margarine on the bread and cut into one inch cubes. Place half in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish and sprinkle with half of the apples, raisins and apricots. Repeat with next layer.
- Now in a small sauce pan, bring the syrup, cloves and cinnamon to a simmer. Cover and remove from heat.
- With a small strainer, remove the cloves and stick from the syrup and toss them. Pour this over the bread mix in dish.
- Mix well enough to distribute the syrup.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve warm.