Recipe by MichiganSuperstar
I got this from my mom who cans navy beans every year either for bean soup or baked beans. She has had this way confirmed by her local MSU extension as an acceptable way to can navy beans. Please note the ingredients are per jar.
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 1 1/2 Cups Dry Navy Beans in each quart jar.
- Add salt as desired.
- Fill Jar with boiling water to 1 inch from the top.
- Put on lids and rings.
- Place in canner with hot water.
- Pressure can at 10 lbs. pressure for 20 minutes.
- Beans will continue to soften when you use them in either your soup or for baked beans.