Recipe by Secret Agent
These taters are quick and easy and very yummy. The hardest part of the recipe is getting DH to peel the potatoes!
Top Review by rosslare
Bright and zesty orange flavour, very good! I actually made these without any nuking. Boiled the sweet potatoes, sliced them and then boiled the orange sauce ingredients together and poured on top of the slices. Topped with the marshmallows and popped in the oven. No messin' with the ingredients or the amounts. Great results, just takes a bit longer with the old fashioned way.
- 6 ruby sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/3 inch thick
- zest of one orange
- juice of one orange
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup miniature marshmallow (or as much as you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer the sweet potato slices in a buttered microwave and oven proof casserole dish with a lid.
- Add the zest, juice, sugar, butter and salt, stir and cover and microwave for about 5 or 6 minutes or until the potatoes test done.
- Just before serving top with marshmallows and bake in a 400* oven until the marshmallows are the color you like.