Recipe by An_Net
Very quick, tasty and simple to make. Can also be used with prawns (shrimp) or fish fillets. Garnish with lemon wedges. Simply delicious
Top Review by Sweet Sami
This was very good, Although there was a lot of vinaigrette left over. I didn't pour the vinaigrette over the calamari, i instead put it in a bowl as a dipping sauce and that worked out fine. I also topped the calamari with some cracked black pepper and some salt. This was definitly good and will probably make this again, as long as I have a stronger cajun seasoning (mine was a bit weak)
- 500 g squid, tubes
- 125 g flour
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice squid tubes in to rings.
- Combine flour and cajun seasoning in a ziploc bag and toss.
- Deep fry for 30/40 seconds.
- In a food processor, process everything except the oil.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil until emulsified.
- Add chopped coriander.
- Place into a bowl for 30mins for the flavours to develop.
- Serve on the side or drizzle some of the vinaigrette over the calamari.