Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are very easy to make and so delicious!
Top Review by ~MollyM
Followed recipe exactly and dish looked very nice after baking. Allowed to cool completely prior to serving but was very disappointed in taste. I used a standard golden vanilla cake mix and Ocean Spray whole cranberry sauce. Flavors did not seem to compliment eachother and it tasted way too sweet, even with tart cranberry sauce. Although my husband really enjoys sweets he said the recipe was not a "keeper." May try the same concept again except with a homemade cookie crust.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans Ocean Spray whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix with brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon; mix until well combined.
- Add in the eggs and melted butter; mix until combined.
- Using your hands mix in the oats.
- Set aside 1-1/2 cups of the mixture then spread the remaining mixture into the bottom of the baking dish, pack down with hands to form a crust.
- Spread the whole cranberry sauce over the crust.
- Pinch off pieces of the remaining mixture and sprinkle over the top of the cranberry sauce (does not have to cover the sauce completely).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Cool completely before slicing (refrigerating will make slicing easier).
- Sprinkle lightly with confectioners sugar after the bars are cooled.