Recipe by KitchenAndCraftAdventures
I frequently make these cookies for work pitch-ins & family get-togethers. They are always a big hit! I was given the basic recipe several years ago by a lady who showed up at my garage sale—and she wrote it down during our conversation about baking. I have perfected different varieties over the years. Please see my other recipes for how to make the following versions of this cookie: lemon, chocolate chip, & sugar cookies. This is a really versatile recipe base—experiment!! This variety makes the perfect "bread" for home-made icecream sandwiches. These cookies are also EXCELLENT when you use dark raspberry chips, peanut butter chips, or nuts.
- 510.29 g box chocolate cake mix (personal favorite is fudge or devil's food flavor)
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59-473.18 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips (or other desired add in, see my note on the recipe above)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir ingredients in medium mixing bowl until blended (best to do right before you are ready to bake them- they flatten out more if you let the batter set).
- Spoon onto 2 un-greased cookie sheets (allow some space in between, they spread…a melon baller works great for this step).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (depends on which cake mix you use & the oven -- I start looking at them through the glass around 6.5 minutes -- they will get a dull/cracked appearance on top when done).
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan, or wait 1-2 minutes before moving to cooling racks.