1/2 Photos of Easy Cake Mix Cookie-- Chocolate Chocolate Chip!
I frequently make these cookies for work pitch-ins & family get-togethers. They are always a big hit! I was given the basic recipe several years ago by a lady who showed up at my garage sale—and she wrote it down during our conversation about baking. I have perfected different varieties over the years. Please see my other recipes for how to make the following versions of this cookie: lemon, chocolate chip, & sugar cookies. This is a really versatile recipe base—experiment!! This variety makes the perfect "bread" for home-made icecream sandwiches. These cookies are also EXCELLENT when you use dark raspberry chips, peanut butter chips, or nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix (personal favorite is fudge or devil's food flavor)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 -2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or other desired add in, see my note on the recipe above)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Stir ingredients in medium mixing bowl until blended (best to do right before you are ready to bake them- they flatten out more if you let the batter set).
- 3Spoon onto 2 un-greased cookie sheets (allow some space in between, they spread…a melon baller works great for this step).
- 4Bake for 8-10 minutes (depends on which cake mix you use & the oven -- I start looking at them through the glass around 6.5 minutes -- they will get a dull/cracked appearance on top when done).
- 5Allow the cookies to cool on the pan, or wait 1-2 minutes before moving to cooling racks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cake Mix Cookie-- Chocolate Chocolate Chip!
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.8
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 182.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g