So easy, don't drain the pineapple juice from the crushed pineapple! Serving are only estimated depending on the size you cut the pieces. My Kittencal's Best Cream Cheese Frosting (Extra Creamy Option) works great with this cake ;-)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix (do not use the "pudding added" cake mix for this)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄3 cup salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup shedded carrot
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- cream cheese frosting
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, then add in all remaining ingredients except the cream cheese frosting; mix to combine well.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool completely then frost with cream cheese frosting.
I used a carrot cake mix (which saved my knuckles on the shreader ha ha ha), increased the pineapple to 1 1/4 cup, decreased the cinnamon to 3/4 tsp and omitted the nutmeg (the carrot cake mix has spices in it already) and added 1 cup of dark raisins. My family went nuts. The pineapple, mayonnaise and raisins made this the easiest moist cake I have ever made. Only bummer is I could not add the nuts since I am allergic. But other than that my family had only one other complaint. I did not make a back up! They ate the first one so fast.
Great carrot cake! I took the advice of another reviewer and used a carrot cake mix as I couldn't find cinnamon or nutmeg in my cupboard. Also added coconut and raisins. I used a big can of pineapple, might have been bigger than what the recipe calls for, but still turned out great! I needed to cook it longer because of that. It made two 9" cakes. My company really enjoyed it but I didn't tell them how easy it was!
This was so easy and delicious. The recipe calls for 8 1/4 ounce cake mix. I assumed that it was 18 1/4 mix and it turned out fine.