1/1 Photo of Easy Cajun Shrimp With Corn Flapjacks
Recipe Reader's Note:
Easy and delicious, modified from Rachael Ray's Everyday magazine to make it a little easier. You could also just make the shrimp and sauce to serve over rice, but I recommend trying the flapjacks. The results are a little spicy and a little sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 teaspoons spicy seafood seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1Toss the shrimp with seafood seasoning. Set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the corn, butter, eggs, sugar, 1 cup of flour, salt, and baking soda. Set batter aside.
- 3In a large non-stick skillet, heat 2 TBS olive oil and cook shrimp over medium high heat about 2 minutes on each side. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- 4In same pan, heat 2 TBS olive oil over medium heat and stir in 2 TBS flour. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is a rich brown color, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5Add the garlic and green onions and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Whisk in chicken stock and boil for 1 minute to thicken.
- 7Add in shrimp and cook until shrimp are done. Cover and keep warm.
- 8Pour 1/3 cup batter for each flapjack onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles appear on surface and bottoms are nicely browned. Flip and cook one more minute.
- 9Top the flapjacks with the shrimp and sauce.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cajun Shrimp With Corn Flapjacks
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.2
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 359.8 mg
- Sodium 1253.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 35.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: