Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
In this recipe the egg is replaced with mayonaisse.
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- 3 hearts romaine lettuce, coarsley torn
- 2 cups croutons
- fresh ground pepper
- mix first 6 ingredients in a blender, pour into a small dish.
- whisk in mayo, 2 tbsp parmesan and lemon juice.
- tear lettuce and put in a large salad bowl.
- add 3/4 c dressing, toss.
- add 1/4 c parmesan, croutons, and pepper, toss again.
- serve extra dressing on the side.
We loved this easy salad. I left out the anchovy fillets per my daughter's request but did the rest the way it's written. The dressing is nice and thick and could also be a lovely dip for crudités. This is a terrific alternative to the raw egg dressing on traditional caesar salad. Thanks chia, it's a keeper!