1/1 Photo of Easy Cabbage Roll Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
All the taste of authentic European cabbage rolls with a fraction of the work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups cabbage, coarse cut or shredded (1/2 small head)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, cut them up
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup cooked rice (as per your rice package directions)
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1Lightly saute cabbage in butter and oil for a few minutes (should still remain mostly rigid).
- 2Brown beef with onions and garlic, drain.
- 3Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT for tomato soup. Simmer.
- 4Layer a casserole dish with ½ the cabbage. Dump in the beef/rice/tomato mixture. Layer top with remaining cabbage. Pour can of condensed soup over top of all.
- 5Cover and bake for at 350 for 1-1.5 hours.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cabbage Roll Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.5
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 92.3 mg
- Sodium 995.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 25.8 g