Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love kielbasa so thinking I could get my family to try something new came up with this for lunch. Now it is a quick favorite for anytime. You can adjust the amounts to suit your taste or what you have on hand.
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 lb kielbasa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup carrot
- olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- sour cream (optional)
- Swirl a small amount of olive oil into a large skillet.
- Slice or dice kielbasa into bite size pieces.
- Add kielbasa, onion, garlic and carrots to oil.
- When kielbasa starts to brown, add cabbage to skillet.
- When cabbage starts to caramelize, add red pepper flakes.
- If desired, top with a dollop of sour cream.
- Easy and can be adapted to your family's taste. Sometimes we add more kielbasa or carrots.
This was really really good! Will be making this alot. Thanks for sharing.
This was Awesome! I forgot to add the sour cream but it was still delicious. I'm sure that would have made it even better. This is the perfect cure to diet boredom. I used Turkey kielbasa and olive oil cooking spray. It's low fat, low carb, low cal, flavorful, filling, and delicious! Thanks!
Wow! Great flavor - so quick and delicious! We really enjoyed this and will certainly make it again. DH suggested adding some caraway seeds next time so we might do that just for fun. Thanks TLu. Made for Best of 2010.