1 hr 45 mins
I thought I got this recipe here at the Zaar but when I just looked for it, to print a new copy, I don't see it! This is the easiest cut-out, all butter Sugar Cookie recipe I have ever made. No chilling the dough and it rolls perfectly every time between two sheets of parchment or waxed paper, dusted with just a little bit of flour! These cookies are crispy when rolled thin and stand up nicely even here in Honolulu!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Beat Butter until soft and creamy, about 2 minutes on medium speed of electric mixer.
- 3Add Sugar gradually, beating well.
- 4Add Egg and Vanilla Extract and beat well.
- 5Combine Flour, Baking Soda, Salt and Cream of Tartar; add to Butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- 6Shape dough into a ball and divide in half.
- 7Lightly sprinkle two sheets (of the same size) of Parchment or Waxed Paper with Flour (this flour not listed in Ingredient list). Place one ball of dough between the sheets and roll to desired thickness, 1/8 inch for crispy cookies and1/4 inch for softer (but not cakey) cookies.
- 8Cut into desired shapes and place 2 inches apart on ungreased (I always use parchment lined) cookie sheets. Sprinkle with Sugar Crystals, if using.
- 9Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 10Repeat steps 7, 8 and 9 with second ball of dough.
- 11Makes about 3 dozen.
- 12NOTE: Prep Time includes time for rolling out the dough.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Buttery Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.4 mg
- Sodium 44.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g