Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
I thought I got this recipe here at the Zaar but when I just looked for it, to print a new copy, I don't see it! This is the easiest cut-out, all butter Sugar Cookie recipe I have ever made. No chilling the dough and it rolls perfectly every time between two sheets of parchment or waxed paper, dusted with just a little bit of flour! These cookies are crispy when rolled thin and stand up nicely even here in Honolulu!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat Butter until soft and creamy, about 2 minutes on medium speed of electric mixer.
- Add Sugar gradually, beating well.
- Add Egg and Vanilla Extract and beat well.
- Combine Flour, Baking Soda, Salt and Cream of Tartar; add to Butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- Shape dough into a ball and divide in half.
- Lightly sprinkle two sheets (of the same size) of Parchment or Waxed Paper with Flour (this flour not listed in Ingredient list). Place one ball of dough between the sheets and roll to desired thickness, 1/8 inch for crispy cookies and1/4 inch for softer (but not cakey) cookies.
- Cut into desired shapes and place 2 inches apart on ungreased (I always use parchment lined) cookie sheets. Sprinkle with Sugar Crystals, if using.
- Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Repeat steps 7, 8 and 9 with second ball of dough.
- Makes about 3 dozen.
- NOTE: Prep Time includes time for rolling out the dough.