Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Super easy waffle recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (or vanilla extract)
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients very well using a hand mixer. Let stand while your waffle iron heats up.
- Cook according to your waffle iron.
Very, very nice waffles you have here! Followed your recipe right on down (well, pretty much, anyway) & used the full amount of sugar! I, too, used some pure vanilla extract, & then lengthened the usual cooking time by several minutes, but then, we like them more than just golden brown, & we found them nicely crisp on the outside! Served them with a thick, homemade blackberry sauce, & they were delicious! [Made & reviewed in the current ADOPT A TAG event]
Very nice waffle. I have to agree with the other reviewer and wished they were a bit more on the crisp side. I only added 2 tbsp. sugar and also used vanilla extract. :)
The taste is wonderful. They were so easy to do. We would have liked them a little bit crunchier. I used vanilla extract. And used 2 tablespoon of sugar. Thanks 2bleu :) Made for Cookbook tag game