1/1 Photo of Easy Buttermilk Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese
I wanted to make a small amount mac & cheese but only had Light buttermilk, not regular milk. Then I figured it would work just as well and better yet wouldn't require butter. The buttermilk did work fabulously! This is a creamy, gooey kind of mac & cheese similar to Velveeta mac & cheese , not the baked crusty kind.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil 2 cups of water and lightly salt it. Cook the macaroni for 8 minutes for an al dente texture then drain.
- 2In the empty pot/another heavy-bottom saucepan, mix the buttermilk and cheddar cheese together, keeping the heat low for now.
- 3Add the spices and cornstarch, then kick the heat up to medium and let simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4You'll know when the cheese has melted and the cornstarch did its work when the sauce is nice and thick.
- 5Simply pour it on the mac and cheese, mix it up, and it's ready to eat! Awesome with broccoli and cauliflower too.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Buttermilk Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.8
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 32.1 mg
- Sodium 460.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 12.6 g