Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This simple dessert (a cross between a cobbler and a buckle) comes together in minutes. If you don't have buttermilk, add 2 tsp lemon juice to 3/4 c sweet milk about 15 minutes ahead of time. In that case, add some lemon zest to the batter, too.
- 59.16 ml butter
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml white sugar
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml table salt
- 177.44 ml buttermilk
- 473.18 ml blueberries, washed and picked over
- 14.79 ml white sugar
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F Put butter in a 9" round cake pan and place in oven until butter is melted.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, soda and salt until combined. Add buttermilk and whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter into cake pan. Scatter berries evenly over the batter.
- Stir sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over the berries. Bake in preheated oven 50-60 minutes, until cake is brown and berries have burst. Serve warm or at room temperature, with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.