Prep 6 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy Buttered Onion Rice is my version of a recipe that I first saw in a local cookbook while living in the Pascagoula-Gautier area of the Missiissippi Gulf Coast in the '70s! Using butter was considered bad then, but today we consider it better than the old substitutions. Easy dish and enjoyed by all.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup rice (wash before assembling)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- Place the boiling water, butter, and soup mix in casserole dish.
- Stir to mix and dissolve.
- Add rice.
- Cover tightly.
- Cook at 350 degrees for one hour.
I was looking for something besides potatoes for dinner and tried this recipe. Simple to make (which is great for me I'm not the best cook). Loved it! My youngest son won't ever try anything new. However not only did he try this he loved it. I did add a can of mushrooms to it.