1/2 Photos of Easy Buttered Green Beans and Carrot Sticks
This is easy to make and the perfect veggie side dish to compliment your holiday table, and the combination of colours is very pretty! This recipe will serve around 6-8 people but it can be doubled. The beans and carrot sticks can be boiled hours in advance, just leave them in the ice water in the fridge until ready to saute in butter. I most always sprinkle with sliced toasted almonds, or even peanuts when serving this at my table, but that is optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the green beans in a pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender (about 5-6 minutes).
- 2Transfer beans to a bowl of ice water using a slotted spoon (do not discard the water).
- 3Boil the carrot sticks in the same water until crisp-tender (about 1 minute) then transfer to the same bowl of ice water with the beans.
- 4Place the beans and carrots on a paper towel and pat them dry.
- 5Up to this point you can refrigerate until ready to saute them.
- 6In a large skillet or a medium pot melt the butter with oil.
- 7Add in the beans and carrot sticks; toss until hot (about 2 minutes).
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Transfer to a large serving bowl and sprinkle with nuts if desired.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Buttered Green Beans and Carrot Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.8
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 83.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g