Recipe by Kitty Kat Cook
Perfect side for steaks or grilled chicken. Adjust the butter amount to your preference or substitute the butter for olive oil, garlic oil or low-fat substitute. This recipe is done very quickly and effortlessly but if you'd like to save even more time, pre-sclice the potaoes up to 1-2 days in advance and put in a container with cold water and a tbsp of salt (to keep them from browning), refrigerate until ready to use, and drain. Potatoes absorb a lot of salt before they get too salty but if you are doing this, watch how much more you add or add non at all.
Top Review by mickeydownunder
DH LOVED the crunch! He would eat these for brekkie, tea and LUNCH! SO quick, easy to do! And even made them in advance on the mandolin, which helped get dinner on ALOT quicker than we normally do! THANKS!
- 10 medium gold potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Slice potatoes into 1/8" discs (thinner for crispier potatoes). Place in a ceramic or other microwave-safe container (plastic containers work well).
- Cut butter into smaller pieces and mix with the potatoes. Cover container, leaving a small opened area to allow the steam to escape. Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Take out and stir well, add salt and pepper (if desired).
- Return to microwave uncovered for 7 to 10 mins or until potatoes are soft.
- Spread potato slices evenly onto the cookie sheet, sprinkle with parsley and bake for 15-20 minutes, if needed, then remove from oven and insert into the broiler for 5 mins until golden brown and edges are crispy.