Recipe by moreCakePlz
This is one of my most requested cookies. It is crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, and oh so nutty good. Make sure you don't overcook them, they will harden and set-up as they cool. Take them out of the oven when the edge start to brown and the top is still pale. I'm not sure about the number of servings, but it makes a lot.
Top Review by happynana
My DH really enjoyed these. Using 1 tablespoon measuring spoon, mine baked in 9 minutes per tray and it made total of 3 dozen cookies. I left the pecans out of half of them for grandsons. Thanks for posting.
- 1 (18 ounce) box butter pecan cake mix
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup quick oats (ground to a coarse powder)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (for dusting)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir the Butter Pecan Cake Mix, Oats and Brown Sugar together.
- Add the oil and eggs and mix until incorporated.
- Add the Pecans and mix until evenly distributed.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (1 Tablespoon size) place dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten each cookie slightly.
- Cook at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
- After removing from oven dust with powdered sugar.