They are a delicious buttery shortbread cookie. Very easy to make, since you are not using the cookie press. Don't substitute margarine for the butter!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter with 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla using mixer.
- Add the flour to make batter stiff.
- Make into 2 rolls using waxed paper.
- Divide remaining sugar into bowls and color with food coloring. I usually do atleast 2 colors. Place sugar on a piece of waxed paper and spread sugar out.
- Roll cookie tube in colored sugar. Wrap rolls up using wax paper. Refrigerate rolls to stiffen. 30-45 minutes.
- Slice in 1/4 inch slices and bake just until bottom starts to become golden. Do not overbake. 7-9 minutes.
- Prep time includes refrigeration time.
These cookie were delicious! I also didn't bother rolling in the coloured sugar and my cookies actually took 10 minutes in my oven but the end result was so buttery, tender and melt in your mouth good. I will definitely be using this recipe again. Thanks for sharing Dissie!
These are tender, delicious and so very easy to make! After I made the first batch, I made a second one. They were just what I was looking for, something to break up the chocolate streak in my cookie trays. Mine baked at exactly 7 minutes. Great cookie, Dissie! Thanks for sharing! Made for "24 Days of Cookies" at KK's forums!
Made these as listed except for not rolling into colored sugar as I had no food coloring. These are very tasty cookies. I will be making these again, thanks for sharing.
Made for Kittencals Forum 24 DAYS OF COOKIES Tag game