Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are light and delicate while still being easy to make and the recipe only requires 3 ingredients! A friend and I always made these in high school and the recipe is so easy I always remember it off the top of my head.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together softened butter and sugar until very well incorporated. DO NOT substitute. You MUST use butter and no sugar alternatives.
- Add in flour and mix until dough forms into a ball. Try not to over mix.
- Place dough onto plastic wrap and form into a roll 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter.
- Wrap roll and chill in the fridge for a couple hours or until firm.
- Slice roll into 1/4 inch slices and place onto lightly greased cookie sheet about 1/2 inch apart. These should not spread too much as they cook.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until just barely golden around the edges.
- Cool for a couple minutes and then gently remove from pan and cool on a cookie rack.
- They are light, crisp and decadently delicate once cooled.
- NOTES: IF you want to be fancy--you can drizzle dark chocolate on top once they are done or dip them to get something similar to a good peperidge farm cookie. I have also been lazy and formed circles by hand instead of chilling. You can also add a couple drops of food coloring for a fun twist.