These are light and delicate while still being easy to make and the recipe only requires 3 ingredients! A friend and I always made these in high school and the recipe is so easy I always remember it off the top of my head.
My Private Note
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cream together softened butter and sugar until very well incorporated. DO NOT substitute. You MUST use butter and no sugar alternatives.
- 3Add in flour and mix until dough forms into a ball. Try not to over mix.
- 4Place dough onto plastic wrap and form into a roll 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter.
- 5Wrap roll and chill in the fridge for a couple hours or until firm.
- 6Slice roll into 1/4 inch slices and place onto lightly greased cookie sheet about 1/2 inch apart. These should not spread too much as they cook.
- 7Bake for about 10 minutes or until just barely golden around the edges.
- 8Cool for a couple minutes and then gently remove from pan and cool on a cookie rack.
- 9They are light, crisp and decadently delicate once cooled.
- 10NOTES: IF you want to be fancy--you can drizzle dark chocolate on top once they are done or dip them to get something similar to a good peperidge farm cookie. I have also been lazy and formed circles by hand instead of chilling. You can also add a couple drops of food coloring for a fun twist.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.8
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 54.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g