No grilling, marinating, baking, etc needed. Really tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 4 shallots, sliced in thin strips
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic (finely chopped or pressed)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 2/3 cup cream
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, divided (optional)
- 1/4 cup plump golden raisin (optional)
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh coriander or 3 -4 tablespoons cilantro
- 1Cook the shallots in butter until they are limp and soft.
- 2Turn up the flame a bit and add the chicken. Cook quickly, browning on all sides.
- 3When the chicken is cooked through, add the spices, ginger and garlic and stir for a few minutes.
- 4Add some water according to your discretion. Add the tomato, set to simmer. Add lemon juice.
- 5Add the cream, coriander, almonds, raisins, and simmer some more.
- 6serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Butter Chicken (Makhani)
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.9
- Calories from Fat 454
- Total Fat 50.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 211.8 mg
- Sodium 863.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 35.5 g