Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
No grilling, marinating, baking, etc needed. Really tasty!
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 4 shallots, sliced in thin strips
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic (finely chopped or pressed)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot paprika (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, divided (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup plump golden raisin (optional)
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh coriander or 3 -4 tablespoons cilantro
- Cook the shallots in butter until they are limp and soft.
- Turn up the flame a bit and add the chicken. Cook quickly, browning on all sides.
- When the chicken is cooked through, add the spices, ginger and garlic and stir for a few minutes.
- Add some water according to your discretion. Add the tomato, set to simmer. Add lemon juice.
- Add the cream, coriander, almonds, raisins, and simmer some more.
- serve hot.