Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
No grilling, marinating, baking, etc needed. Really tasty!
Make and share this Easy Butter Chicken (Makhani) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 4 shallots, sliced in thin strips
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic (finely chopped or pressed)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot paprika (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, divided (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup plump golden raisin (optional)
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh coriander or 3 -4 tablespoons cilantro
- Cook the shallots in butter until they are limp and soft.
- Turn up the flame a bit and add the chicken. Cook quickly, browning on all sides.
- When the chicken is cooked through, add the spices, ginger and garlic and stir for a few minutes.
- Add some water according to your discretion. Add the tomato, set to simmer. Add lemon juice.
- Add the cream, coriander, almonds, raisins, and simmer some more.
- serve hot.