Recipe by marceladns
This Chilean dish is great and filling, you can replace the chorizo for bacon or any other sausage of your preference. n my country is a summer dish, corn and basil are seasonal only you can use frozen vegetables is you like.
- 1 lb of frozen butter beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 spanish chorizo sausage, chopped
- 8 glasses water or 8 glasses low sodium chicken broth
- 4 ears shredded corn
- 1 medium acorn squash, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped fresh basil
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan brown the onions until clear, add the garlic and the chorizo and brown for about 6 minutes or until cooked mix in the paprika and the pepper.
- Add the butter beans and mix in for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth & the squash and let boil covered for 20 minutes stirring every other time.
- Add the corn and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Before serving sprinkle the basil and serve with french bread or a light salad.