Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
We all have our favorite baked bean recipe -- and this one is mine. I love taking it to picnics, potlucks and barbecues because the dish always comes home empty. My daughter-in-law even requested that I bring these to Thanksgiving dinner!!! It was quite an unusual dish to have alongside the turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing and gravy!!! The best part is that they are just so simple to make -- no soaking beans here!!
- 6 slices bacon, chopped (reserve 2 T. drippings after frying it)
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup maple-flavor syrup (or the real thing)
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans (about 4 cups)
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Combine bacon and 2 T. drippings with remaining ingredients.
- Pour into 10 x 6 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish (or any appropriate size casserole dish). Bake in 350 oven for 1 1/4 hours.
- Note: If your baked beans seem to have an abundance of "juice" in them when you open the can, you might want to discard some of it. Baking these in a shallower dish, results in more of the liquid baking off. If your dish is deeper, the beans will have more liquid.