These are so easy to make that the kids can help me prepare them. It is just as easy to make a wide variety of these fancy morsels which allows you to set forth an impressive candy tray. Also makes an excellent gift. I prefer to work in small batches but the recipe can certainly be doubled or tripled.
- 1 cup chocolate wafers (approximately) or 1 cup white chocolate wafers (approximately)
Filling Ingredients Choose any combination to equal approximately 1/4 cup
- coconut (regular or toasted)
- chopped pecans
- chopped walnuts
- chopped peanuts
- chopped almonds
- chopped hazelnuts
- chopped cashews
- chopped macadamia nuts
- toffee pieces
- finely crushed pretzel
- Rice Krispies
- chopped dried fruit
- crushed mint decorative candies
- crushed chocolate sandwich style cookies
- Place the chocolate wafers in a microwave safe dish.
- Heat for 1 minute and stir.
- If needed, heat in 15 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in one or two of the filling ingredients listed.
- The amount and combinations depends on personal taste but don’t add so much that the mixture doesn’t hold together.
- Spoon mixture into mini candy papers.
- Garnish with more the the Filling Ingredient (s) used or drizzle, in a contrasting chocolate, in a zig-zag pattern on top.
- TIPS: do not allow moisture to come in contact with the chocolate while it is melting or it will “bind” and become an unusable mess.
- Make sure your bowl and spoon are completely dry.
Great easy and yummy candy. I can't beliefe how easy and fast this was and how good. I used nestle chocolate chips and added my kids and my favorite ingredients to the chocolate. We use rice krispies, peanut butter chips, crushed candy canes, pecans, mixed both marshmellows and peanuts for a rocky road candy. Thanks for sharing such a simple but great receipe.
easy and a lot o variation for everyone. Pretty basic idea really.
These were super easy and turned out wonderful. I made walnut, cocnut and white chocolate and pretzel. I will make again. thank-you