Recipe by Mysterygirl
This is a family favorite, and a great dish to make for company especially if you are short of time.
Top Review by Derf
very good chicken Mysterygirl!! Haven't had provolone cheese for ages, it was a nice change!! I love the combination of chicken and mushrooms and the cheese make this a particularly good taste!! and for a change didn't have to cut the recipe for 2, we will do again and again!! Thanks for sharing!!
- 1⁄3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 7 teaspoons flour, divided
- 9 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup canned chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 ounce provolone cheese, cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow bowl or on a paper plate, combine the bread crumbs and 2 Tbsp of flour; dip chicken into egg, making sure all sides are coated, then dredge in crumb mixture.
- Repeat process, being sure to cover the chicken entirely.
- In a 10 inch nonstick skillet, combine the margarine and oil.
- Heat over a medium heat until the margarine is bubbly and hot.
- Add chicken and cook, turning once, until both sides are lightly browned and chicken is cooked through, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- To the same skillet add the mushrooms and saute until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes; sprinkle with remaining teaspoon of flour and stir quickly to combine.
- Add broth and wine.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, about 1 minute.
- Return chicken to skillet and top evenly with cheese; cover and cook until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes. Garnish with parsley.