Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a family favorite, and a great dish to make for company especially if you are short of time.
- 1⁄3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 7 teaspoons flour, divided
- 9 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup canned chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 ounce provolone cheese, cut into strips
- In a shallow bowl or on a paper plate, combine the bread crumbs and 2 Tbsp of flour; dip chicken into egg, making sure all sides are coated, then dredge in crumb mixture.
- Repeat process, being sure to cover the chicken entirely.
- In a 10 inch nonstick skillet, combine the margarine and oil.
- Heat over a medium heat until the margarine is bubbly and hot.
- Add chicken and cook, turning once, until both sides are lightly browned and chicken is cooked through, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- To the same skillet add the mushrooms and saute until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes; sprinkle with remaining teaspoon of flour and stir quickly to combine.
- Add broth and wine.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, about 1 minute.
- Return chicken to skillet and top evenly with cheese; cover and cook until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
very good chicken Mysterygirl!! Haven't had provolone cheese for ages, it was a nice change!! I love the combination of chicken and mushrooms and the cheese make this a particularly good taste!! and for a change didn't have to cut the recipe for 2, we will do again and again!! Thanks for sharing!!
I was looking for something tasty and saw this on the message board. I had all of the ingredients on hand and the recipe was easy for the very good results! This is definately a great easy recipe!Had a pretty good quality wine on hand and the sauce came out quite complex. Family gave it two thumbs up and raved about it. thanks for a tasty easy recipe!
This tasted excellent. I tripled the recipe using an extra skillet to brown only. The other skillet is oversized. Served on top of egg noodles with green beans and garlic mashed potatoes on the side. Everyone said it tasted like a fancy restaurant. Would definetely make again very easy too.