Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This soup is very easy to prepare and ready in less than half an hour. It can be served hot or cold.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat; cook the onion, carrot and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and bring to a boil; add the broccoli.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the broccoli is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the soup in batches and transfer to a glass bowl.
- Stir in the cream; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until chilled.
- Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
- If you prefer hot soup, serve when ready with a sprinkling of chopped parsley on each serving.
Simple to make, nutritious and delicious! Who could ask for anything more?
We LOVED this soup. So easy to prepare and so flavourful! We ate it hot, and the only change I made was to add a dollop of cream to the soup, after I'd ladled it into bowls, rather than put the cream in the soup during cooking. I garnished with a sprinkle of salt and cracked pepper and a small sprig of rosemary. Delicious!
I was also looking for quick nutritious lunch when I found this recipe.. I also used 2 cloves of garlic and with no light cream here either I used just 1/2 cup of full cream instead. YUM !.. I did have mine hot,.. and this is an excellent fill-me-up-and-tasty-on- a-winter's-day recipe and I will definiatly be making it regularly. Please see my rating system: a wonderful 4 stars for a simple to make and yummy recipe. Thanks!