Easy but Elegant Broccoli Soup
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat; cook the onion, carrot and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and bring to a boil; add the broccoli.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the broccoli is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the soup in batches and transfer to a glass bowl.
- Stir in the cream; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until chilled.
- Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
- If you prefer hot soup, serve when ready with a sprinkling of chopped parsley on each serving.