1/2 Photos of Easy but Elegant Broccoli Soup
This soup is very easy to prepare and ready in less than half an hour. It can be served hot or cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat; cook the onion, carrot and garlic for 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in the stock and bring to a boil; add the broccoli.
- 3Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the broccoli is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4In a blender or food processor, puree the soup in batches and transfer to a glass bowl.
- 5Stir in the cream; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until chilled.
- 7Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
- 8If you prefer hot soup, serve when ready with a sprinkling of chopped parsley on each serving.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy but Elegant Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.8
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 318.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 7.6 g