Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sometimes simple is best. Mayonnaise and a few, delicate seasonings are all your leftover chicken or turkey really needs to make a good lunch. Serve on rolls, wraps, crackers, bread, English muffins, whatever you like.
- 4 cups cooked chicken or 4 cups cooked turkey
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- lettuce (optional) or spinach (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- rolls or bread
- Mix turkey, celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, thyme, salt,and pepper. Adjust amount of mayo according to how wet you like your chicken salad.
- Pile onto your preferred bread with greens and tomatoes.
Pretty good stuff. It was a bit mild/bland for me, but out of a house full of people (mebbe 16-18) all seemed to like it. I just saved a lil extra aside for myself that I put some creole seasoning in to satisfy my oddball taste buds. Thanks for posting.
This is great! I don't really like turkey that much (once a year for Thanksgiving is enough for me!!) I made a trukey for V-Day because it was taking up too much room in the freezer. Since it was just me and DH there was a ton of leftovers!! I defrosted some for this and luckily it was about 5 cups full! Made recipe exactly except for the addition of the extra cup of turkey (and up'ed the mayo also). Will be making this every year to use up the turkey-day leftovers!! Made for PAC Spring 2008 and glad I did!!