Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This version takes minutes to put together, and we think it's a lot better than the cooked version.
- 1 store-bought graham cracker crust
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- Beat egg whites 'til just about stiff.
- Add sugar, whilst beating, 'til stiff peaks form.
- Mix condensed milk, beaten egg yolks and lemon juice.
- Fill crust with milk mixture.
- Top with meringue.
- Bake @ 300 deg F until gently browned.
- Cool completely in refrigerator.
i wanted to find an easy recipe for making a pie because i had never made meringue before,,, omg this was great,, and my dh just loved it... i followed the recipe exactly but i did have to bake it about 10 mins longer to get a nice brown on top,,, loved it ,, will be making it again ,,, thanks