Recipe by ellie_
Using a crockpot to prepare the filling, the crockpot will hold the meat filling until ready to assemble and serve the burritos. Recipe source: local newspaper.
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 3 -4 lbs sirloin beef
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 (4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix, divided
- 16 flour tortillas
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese or 16 ounces monterey jack cheese (4 cups)
- diced tomato (optional)
- diced onion (optional)
- chopped black olives (optional)
- sliced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- chopped green chilies (optional) or green chili sauce (Green Chile Sauce) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onion in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add roast and water (1/2 cup).
- Sprinkle with 1 package taco seasoning mix.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
- Remove roast, and shred meat with two forks.
- Return meat to slow cooker.
- Stir in remaining package of taco seasoning mix.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions (I heat them in the microwave).
- We like assembling our burritos individually by placing bowls of toppings, meat,cheese and tortillas out and eveyone assembles their own burritos depending on individual taste.
- Spoon beef mixture down center or tortilla top with cheese and toppings and roll up.