Recipe by Vicki in CT
This is the easiest meal I have ever made! Assemble in the crockpot the night before and plug in before you leave for work.
Top Review by MarlaM
This is a great recipe! Very similar to how I make my pork butt for tacos and burritos. I've just started using a triple recipe of Recipe #76616 instead of package taco mix and it is fabulous! I never thought of saving 1/2 of the seasoning and adding to the end of the cooking time! I am definitely going to try that next time - seems like it will be even more flavorful! Thank you Vicki!
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1814.36 g lean beef chuck roast
- 118.29 ml water
- 2 (70.87 g) package taco seasoning mix, spicy variety preferred
- 16 flour tortillas
- 453.59 g fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 473.18 ml fat free sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onion rings in bottom of crockpot. Place meat on top. Add water. Sprinkle ONE package of seasoning on top.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred roast with forks. Add second package of seasoning and stir well. Turn on high for 1/2 hour.
- Assemble burritos using tortillas, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and sour cream.