Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs 30 mins
This is the easiest meal I have ever made! Assemble in the crockpot the night before and plug in before you leave for work.
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 4 lbs lean beef chuck roast
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix, spicy variety preferred
- 16 flour tortillas
- 16 ounces fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups fat free sour cream
- Place onion rings in bottom of crockpot. Place meat on top. Add water. Sprinkle ONE package of seasoning on top.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred roast with forks. Add second package of seasoning and stir well. Turn on high for 1/2 hour.
- Assemble burritos using tortillas, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and sour cream.
This is a great recipe! Very similar to how I make my pork butt for tacos and burritos. I've just started using a triple recipe of Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix instead of package taco mix and it is fabulous! I never thought of saving 1/2 of the seasoning and adding to the end of the cooking time! I am definitely going to try that next time - seems like it will be even more flavorful! Thank you Vicki!