Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I threw a few things together one day and this is the result. Very easy to assemble, and the house smells wonderful while it's cooking!
- Season roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat butter (or oil if you prefer) in dutch oven over med-high heat. Brown roast on all sides.
- Meanwhile, in bowl or large measuring cup, mix water with Au Jus packet and onion soup packet. Stir until dissolved. Add red wine.
- Place roast into crockpot, surrounded by potatoes. Pour liquid over top.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours or until tender.