Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I threw a few things together one day and this is the result. Very easy to assemble, and the house smells wonderful while it's cooking!
- 3 lbs beef chuck roast (or your favorite cut)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1 (1 ounce) packet au jus mix
- 0.5 (2 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup red wine
- 10 -12 new potatoes, scrubbed clean
- Season roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat butter (or oil if you prefer) in dutch oven over med-high heat. Brown roast on all sides.
- Meanwhile, in bowl or large measuring cup, mix water with Au Jus packet and onion soup packet. Stir until dissolved. Add red wine.
- Place roast into crockpot, surrounded by potatoes. Pour liquid over top.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours or until tender.