Recipe by Kizzikate
My Mom made this when we were growing up, and now my grandkids ask for it too! Great for those nights when you are short on time, but long on hungry kids! The secret is searing the meat briefly before simmering in gravy. Comfort Food!!
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and easy to make. I added a bunch of seasoning to the ground chuck and "doctored" up the beef gravy a bit adding seasoning and mushrooms. I also used brown rice as that is what I buy. Made for a good quick dinner. I also liked this because it is made with ingredients I normally have on hand. My kids ate this up.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- cooking spray
- seasoned pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef gravy
- 2 cups cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Form the ground chuck into small patties, about 4 oz. each.
- Spray a heavy skillet with cooking spray, season the skillet with seasoned pepper. Place over high heat until very hot.
- Add patties, sear briefly on each side until crusty, app. 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove skillet from heat, and gently place patties onto paper towels to drain. Pour off any remaining fat from skillet, but do not wipe. Return meat to skillet, and pour the gravy over all.
- Cover skillet, place over medium-low heat. Simmer 10-15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice.