1/1 Photo of Easy Burgers With Rice & Gravy
My Mom made this when we were growing up, and now my grandkids ask for it too! Great for those nights when you are short on time, but long on hungry kids! The secret is searing the meat briefly before simmering in gravy. Comfort Food!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chuck
- cooking spray
- seasoned pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef gravy
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1Form the ground chuck into small patties, about 4 oz. each.
- 2Spray a heavy skillet with cooking spray, season the skillet with seasoned pepper. Place over high heat until very hot.
- 3Add patties, sear briefly on each side until crusty, app. 1-2 minutes per side.
- 4Remove skillet from heat, and gently place patties onto paper towels to drain. Pour off any remaining fat from skillet, but do not wipe. Return meat to skillet, and pour the gravy over all.
- 5Cover skillet, place over medium-low heat. Simmer 10-15 minutes, until cooked through.
- 6Serve over hot, cooked rice.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Burgers With Rice & Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.1
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 920.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 29.6 g