Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of our favorite side dishes. It is quick to make but looks and tastes impressive. We like to serve this with pasta dishes.
- 1 baguette
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut baguette into thick slices, cutting diagonally.
- Crack garlic cloves and rub on bread slices. Bake bread until crispy.
- While the bread bakes, dice tomato, onion and cilantro. Place in small bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- When the bread is done toasting, top each slice with topping mixture and serve.
A beaut snack/lunch on a hot Aussie Arvo. I subbed basil for the cilantro (personal pref)This recipe is a classic example of how all you need is a few fresh ingredients and viola...you have something very tasty!
Delicious! I made these for my GF as a b-day appy - it is one of her favorites. Served it with a champagne and other assorted appys and fun tidbits - we had a fun nite in celebrating birthdays and holidays. This was easy, and flavorful - just what she wanted!! **Made for Beverage tag 2007**