Recipe by moonpoodle
This is one of our favorite side dishes. It is quick to make but looks and tastes impressive. We like to serve this with pasta dishes.
Top Review by Stardustannie
A beaut snack/lunch on a hot Aussie Arvo. I subbed basil for the cilantro (personal pref)This recipe is a classic example of how all you need is a few fresh ingredients and viola...you have something very tasty!
- 1 baguette
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut baguette into thick slices, cutting diagonally.
- Crack garlic cloves and rub on bread slices. Bake bread until crispy.
- While the bread bakes, dice tomato, onion and cilantro. Place in small bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- When the bread is done toasting, top each slice with topping mixture and serve.