Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I found this in Southern Living Magazine. I tore the page out and posting for safe keeping since I have been loosing things lately. Cooking this on LOW heat for a long time makes the meat extremely tender, so it shreds easily; HIGH heat yields a less tender product.
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt)
- 3 medium new potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Trim roast and cut into 2 inch pieces. Stir together all ingredients in a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 10-12 hours or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove pork with slotted spoon, and shred.
- Return shredded pork to slow cooker, and stir well.
- Ladle stew into bowls.