4 hrs 30 mins
This brunswick stew is really easy to make, don't take much time and only makes about 8-10 quarts. I use my crock pot to cook the meat over night. This way there is not much to do the next day. I also don't use very much hot sauce since some family members don't like it as hot as others. I always have the bottle of hot sauce out for adding while at the table. I have this recipe down to a science where it feeds my family of 8 with very little left over. Also freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef (cubed for stewing)
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large sweet onion (chopped)
- 5 lbs potatoes (diced)
- 3 (14 3/4 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn (may use frozen)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- salt & pepper
- 4 tablespoons texas pete hot sauce
- 1The night before I make this brunswick stew I placed the beef and the chicken in my crock pot with alot of water (about 3/4 of the crock pot is filled with meat and water). Cook on low all night.
- 2Next morning, strain meat (set aside) and put liquid in stock pot on stove over med high heat. Add chopped onions and potatoes to the broth. Cook until tender. When tender, chop with a potato masher. Cook until it starts to become thick.
- 3While onions & potatoes are cooking, chop meat up until no chunks are found. Add to onion & potato mixture.
- 4Add remaining ingredients. Rinse tomato cans with 1/4 can water and add to stew.
- 5Cook on low or simmer for 4-5 hours.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Brunswick Stew
Serving Size: 1 (688 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 962.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 34.6 g