Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple to make, great tasting brownie.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 can Hershey's syrup
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
For the icing
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix sugar, butter, eggs, syrup and flour until well blended.
- Add nuts.
- Pour batter into an 8x13 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- For Icing: In a medium saucepan combine sugar, butter and milk.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips.
- Continue stirring icing until it is of spreading consistancy.
- Spread on warm brownies.
Very tasty! Made this when company came over and it was a huge hit. Also very easy to make.
Made two batches last night...one to keep and one to take. It reminds me more of a cake, but let me tell you, they are delicious! Be sure you have a sweet tooth for this icing though, or it may send you into sugar overload!