Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found on a chatboard:
- 1 (20 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 3⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup white chocolate, melted (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients; mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg, egg whites and extract. Add to brownie mixture stir until combined.
- Divide dough into thirds.
- On a greased baking sheet using greased hands, shape each portion of dough into a 7-inch x 3-1/2-inch rectangle.
- Bake at 350º for 24 minutes. Remove from oven; cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-inch slices. Place slices cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake 12 to 14 minutes longer or until firm.
- Cool on wire racks. Drizzle with melted white chocolate (optional). Let stand until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.