1/1 Photo of Easy Brown Rice With Peppers and Zucchini
1 hr 3 mins
Mrs. Delishis's Note:
Found this recipe on Prevention.com and modified it slightly... it's actually very good, healthy and simple! Also looks very nice, because of the beautiful colors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Prepare the rice according to package directions, using the broth instead of water and salt.
- 22. Once rice is close to done, heat the oil in a large skillet over low heat.
- 33. Add the bell peppers, cilantro, basil, and salt. Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 44. Add in zucchini (this is so it doesn't get all soggy) and cook vegetables for 2 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- 55. Serve the vegetables over the rice.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Brown Rice With Peppers and Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.6
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 591.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: