1/1 Photo of Easy Brown Rice With Peppers and Zucchini
1 hr 3 mins
Mrs. Delishis's Note:
Found this recipe on Prevention.com and modified it slightly... it's actually very good, healthy and simple! Also looks very nice, because of the beautiful colors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Prepare the rice according to package directions, using the broth instead of water and salt.
- 22. Once rice is close to done, heat the oil in a large skillet over low heat.
- 33. Add the bell peppers, cilantro, basil, and salt. Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 44. Add in zucchini (this is so it doesn't get all soggy) and cook vegetables for 2 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- 55. Serve the vegetables over the rice.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Brown Rice With Peppers and Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.6
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 591.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: