Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
All out of the freezer, put together from bits and pieces frozen for future use. Throw them altogether in a wok with some spices and you have an easy side for supper on a rushed week night. While this is cooking make the rest of your meal.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green beans or 1⁄2 cup fresh yellow beans, frozen
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped, frozen
- 6 whole fresh cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oil in a nonstick wok, turn to medium low heat. Add frozen rice, frozen peas, frozen green and yellow beans, frozen corn, and frozen chicken stock. Sprinkle salt and pepper over all. Cover and leave on medium low heat for about 15 minutes or until all is defrosted.
- Raise heat to medium high; stir to mix. Stir in coriander, cumin, cayene, parsley; stir fry for about 5 minutes. Make a slurry with the cornstarch and water, add to wok; stir to mix, add fresh cherry tomatoes, if using; stir fry for a further 5 to 10 minutes or until veggies are cooked to your liking and most of the liquid is thickened and/or absorbed.