Easy Brown Bread Ice Cream
- Combine breadcrumbs, demerara sugar and hazelnuts.
- Put them on a (lined) baking tray and grill them, redistributing them regularly, until they are golden brown under a preheated hot grill, watch that it doesnt burn and turn black.
- Leave to cool.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and gradually add the white sugar until you have a glossy meringue Fold the cream into the meringue, together with the cold breadcrumb mixture.
- Turn into a freezer proof mold, cover, seal and freeze until solid.
- Remove from the freezer 15 to 20 minutes before you want to serve it.