1/2 Photos of Easy Broiled Asparagus
Kalihi Chef's Note:
I really didn't enjoy eating vegetables as a kid. When I moved to Stockton, California I discovered the wonderful taste of asparagus. Every April over 30,000 people flood into Stockton for the annual Asparagus Festival, with good reason. It's really a delicious vegetable that goes so well with everything (fish, meat, chicken). This is my favorite way of preparing asparagus. It's easy, quick and simple. And it's yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the asparagus spears.
- 2Snap off the tough ends of the spears.
- 3Place the asparagus in a shallow metal or ceramic pan.
- 4Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus.
- 5Sprinkle sea salt or kosher salt over the asparagus.
- 6Grind fresh black pepper over the asparagus.
- 7Shake the pan back and forth to distribute the olive oil, salt and black pepper over the asparagus.
- 8Plan on the oven rack about 6 inches under the broiler.
- 9Broil for 11 minutes, or until the asparagus has a nice broiled char to them.
- 10Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Broiled Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 597.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g