Recipe by Kalihi Chef
I really didn't enjoy eating vegetables as a kid. When I moved to Stockton, California I discovered the wonderful taste of asparagus. Every April over 30,000 people flood into Stockton for the annual Asparagus Festival, with good reason. It's really a delicious vegetable that goes so well with everything (fish, meat, chicken). This is my favorite way of preparing asparagus. It's easy, quick and simple. And it's yummy!
Top Review by DyAnn Baerg
This recipe was very easy and the fresh asparagus came out tasty. I made this for my niece's birthday dinner at her request and came straight to Food.com for the perfect recipe. The only substitution made was garlic salt for the sea salt. We will make this again.
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the asparagus spears.
- Snap off the tough ends of the spears.
- Place the asparagus in a shallow metal or ceramic pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle sea salt or kosher salt over the asparagus.
- Grind fresh black pepper over the asparagus.
- Shake the pan back and forth to distribute the olive oil, salt and black pepper over the asparagus.
- Plan on the oven rack about 6 inches under the broiler.
- Broil for 11 minutes, or until the asparagus has a nice broiled char to them.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!