1/2 Photos of Easy Broccoli & Pork Chop Dinner
Baby Kato's Note:
My dh loves pork chops, me not so much. This is one recipe that we both agree on, the pork chop is moist and tender with a delicious sauce. Its quick and easy and is a great week day meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups rice, minute, uncooked
- 3 cups broccoli florets, small
- 1/4 cup onion, sweet, finely chopped
- 4 pork chops, bone it
- 1/4 cup Catalina dressing
- 1/4 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, fine
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, pure
- 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced toasted (optional)
- 1Add broth to a pot and bring to a boil at medium high heat, then stir in the rice, cover and lower heat to medium low, simmer for 3 - 4 minutes.
- 2Next add the broccoli and sweet onion, stir, cover and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and let stand covered, for 5 minutes or until the broth is completely absorbed.
- 4Place a large cooking pan on medium heat and add a little oil, add the pork chops and cook 4 minutes per side until lightly browned and cooked through.
- 5Remove the pork chops from the pan, cover and keep warm.
- 6Add the catalina dressing, orange juice, orange zest and maple syrup to the pan, bring to a boil, cooking for 3 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- 7Serve chops over the rice and drizzle with the sauce and garnish with almonds if using.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Broccoli & Pork Chop Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.2
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 137.3 mg
- Sodium 490.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 49.5 g